Virtual Workshop 1 | June 30, 2020 | 11:00 am - 1:00 pm PST
Virtual Workshop 2 | August 11, 2020 | 11:00 am - 1:00 pm PST
Virtual Workshop 3 | October 6, 2020 | 11:00 am - 1:00 pm PST
Athena On Boards (AOB) Program Series is launching its third cohort and is open for registration. As the voice of women in STEM, Athena offers a deep bench of executive women ready to help companies modernize their boardroom. This Virtual Series is designed to continually feed our pipeline of board-ready STEM candidates.
STEM participants can expect to join this virtual 3-Part Series over a 5-month period to:
- Inform your company board selection and placement strategies;
- Join an intimate and dedicated mentoring group - led by a seasoned female director - for accountability and boardroom plan execution;
- Access a roster of CA boardroom opportunities;
- Direct exposure to local VC firms and recruiting firms as channels to access their integral networks.
Several market forces continue to generate strong demand for women on boards in 2020:
- Goldman Sachs announced at the World Economic Forum that they will not take any company public without women on their boards;
- California public companies are now looking ahead to comply with the second leg of the law -SB 826. By the end of next year, it calls for California-based companies to have at least two female directors on five-member boards, and at least three female directors on boards with six or more members and,
- CA Secretary of State released its March 2020 compliance report of those companies subject to SB 826. 330 of the 653 impacted companies filed a statement and 282 self-reported compliance with the law.
Register for the Athena On Boards Virtual Series as we help you access these new and unprecedented market opportunities. For any questions, contact Holly@athenasd.org.